Tuesday 15 November 2011

Woman's Realm - Be Your Own Dressmaker

Among the bag of patterns that came from my Nan was this amazing little booklet which I thought I'd give you a closer look at. It looks like a little supplement with Woman's Realm magazine as part of a 'Guide to Successful Homemaking' series.


It's really quite brilliant, guides you through everything you need to know to get making your own garments quickly from the equipment you need to begin with, through cutting, construction, hemming to the finishing touches. Check out these notes on collars and cuffs:


The illustrations are fantastic, really simple and clear. It includes everything you need to know for quick reference as you make up a garment.


Who needs a modern fat tome about sewing, I'm going to learn the way my Nan did!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers of my blog so please feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you thought about this post/make! Any hints or tips to improve my sewing are always much appreciated too!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.