It's been another exciting month packed with new season pattern releases...I don't think I've ever been tempted to make so many purchases in one month! When I was writing this up I couldn't believe that some of the releases happened this month, it seemed like such a long time ago! I was away for the first couple of weeks of the month so I'm sure I missed a fair bit so be sure to chip in with your own news and info in the comments.
- The Kinga Skirt is the latest pattern from Kate & Rose and the design is inspired by folk-wear from Northern Hungary. It was originally only available as part of the second Indie Sewing Month bundle but should be available in the Kate & Rose store fairly soon.
- Also released as part of the Indie Sewing Month bundle was the new April 1962 Coat & Jacket pattern from Soma Patterns. It's part of their O-Retro pattern line which are based on vintage patterns from French magazines.
- Make My Lemonade released the Lola Dress. I seriously need to get around to trying out a Wear Lemonade pattern as I love all their designs!
- Deer and Doe released a new collection of 3 patterns for autumn. It consists of the Arum Dress, Cardamome Dress and Fumeterre Skirt (which is my personal favourite!). With patterns for a variety of skill levels there are lots of technical details to get your teeth into. The collection also marks a new visual identity for the company with updates packaging and more detailed and illustrated instructions. I love the new look.
- Style Arc's releases this month included the Estelle Ponte Jacket, the Tulip Dress and Skirt, the Daisy Designer Pants and Tunic, the Mavis Knit Tunic and the Edith & Alexi Tops which were both the free patterns of the month. I'm most drawn to the waterfall front of the jacket.
- Named released their new collection and as usual I want to sew it all! Called 'New Black' my favourites of the collection are the Mimosa Culottes and Isla Trench Coat.
- Madalynne released a free pattern for the Sierra Bra. It'a a soft cup style with criss crossing straps, I think the design is stunning but am not too sue about how practical it would be for me!
- I had the pleasure of testing the new Joan Dress from Sew Over It earlier this summer and I adore it! It's such a lovely updated take on a classic vintage style.
- Hot Patterns had three new releases this month. The 1193 Classic Nouveaux Everybody Loves the Sunshine Top is actually an update of an old pattern, the 1194 Fast & Fabulous Pull-On A-Line Skirt and the 1195 Plain & Simple Scooter Jacket and Car Coat are brand new.
- The latest addition to Grainline Studio's growing collection of wardrobe staples is the Lark Tee. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect knit t-shirt pattern for me. Maybe this could be it?!
- Hey June released the Sanibel Dress and Romper. I love the fabric they've made the romper sample in and wish it was still summer here as I could see myself living in this design!
- The Unbiased Collection from Pattern Anthology is a bundle of four new pattern releases from four different designers. They're all knit patterns designed to suit and flatter women of all different shapes and sizes.
- Waffle Patterns released the Yuzu Raglan Coat which has an on-trend cocoon-type silhouette. it's double breasted with two pocket options and a version with a curved hem detail.
- The hit of my month has definitely been the new Vancouver Collection from Sewaholic Patterns. I've long been a fan of Tasia's skills and was really excited to see these 5 new athletic inspired designs. I adore the Cypress Cape but don't really know if I have use for it but the Pacific Leggings and Dunbar Top have definitely been added to my wish list.
- Atelier Louise has just released a new pattern for shoes! I'm excited to see this new type of pattern hitting the market and was even more excited when I saw the chic design of the Silver Sands Sandals!
- And last but not least, Aime Comme Marie released the Mise En Bouche Dress and Majestic Blouse. I like the minimalist chic style of both designs.
- There has been a sew-along running for the recently released Grainline Studio Lark Tee over on Jen's blog. She usually includes some great tips for getting a professional looking result so I've been reading along to see what tricks she has for working with knits.
- Thread Theory's sew-along for their Strathcona Henley and T-Shirt pattern has just finished. Packed with useful tips for sewing ladies' knits too!
- There's a video sew-along available on Malikoo for the By Hand London Sabrina Dress led by the ever gorgeous Elisalex. At three hours long it covers everything you need to know about making the dress and is just £11.50 including a PDF copy of the pattern.
- To go along with her new free pattern Madalynne is running a sew-along for the Sierra Bra on her blog. I'm still to dive into the world of lingerie sewing so I will be keeping up with this one with interest in the hopes of learning something in advance!
- UPDATE! One that slipped my mind but is well worth a look at is the sew-along for Christine Haynes' Sylvie Dress that's happening over on her blog. I've spotted full and small bust adjustment's so far which is really useful as this pattern has usual triple darts to shape the bodice.
- There have been quite a few sneaky peaks of new 'soon to be released' patterns on Instagram this month including MIY Collection and Salme Patterns. I can't wait to see what's coming!
- Ann from 1 Puddle Lane has been testing her next pattern; the Miss Ruby Tuesday Dress. It's designed for knits with a half circle skirt and various sleeve and neckline options.
- Kennis from Itch to Stitch put out a call for testers for her upcoming Mila Shirt. I'm thinking a lot about snuggly plaids now the season is changing and this could be a good pattern for it!
- Fancy Tiger Crafts are releasing their next pattern in a couple of days. Named Fen it's designed by Amber Corcoran and includes variations for a casual top and dress.
Other Exciting News
- The Skinny Bitch, Curvy Chic Moto Chic Jacket pattern is now available as a PDF. For an example of how beautiful this can be made up see Heather Lou's awesome linen version below!
- Megan Nielsen released her Amber Nursing & Maternity Top pattern as a PDF.
- The Lemon Squeeze Cardigan and On The Run Bag patterns from Snapdragon Studios are now available in print as well as the original PDF.
- Papercut Patterns are running a pattern pack sale for five weeks. You can get bundles of 3 patterns along a similar theme for a reduced price. I am very tempted by the 'Let's Get Fit' collection!
- The Pepernoot and LemonPie Coat patterns from Waffle Patterns have been updated to include a larger range of sizes.
- By Hand London have also been hard at work getting more of their patterns ready in PDF form. The Kim and Sophia Dresses are now available in their online shop.
And I'll finish up as usual with some of your garments to inspire us for the month ahead!
- Mary's vibrant version of the Southport Dress looks so fantastic on her and was exactly what I needed to see in my blog roll to cheer me up as summer disappeared from London!
- I would never have thought to make up a biker style jacket in linen but I feel like it's absolutely necessary after seeing Heather Lou's soft grey Moto Chic Jacket!
- I love the simplicity of Dani's Inari Tee Dress which she made up in tencel denim. If I owned that dress I'd be wearing it every day it wasn't in the wash!
- Lindsay's floral Moss Mini Skirt is gorgeous! A mini is such a great way to add a bold print or pattern into an outfit without it overwhelming you don't you think?
- Bella posted not one but two fantastic Alder Shirt Dresses this week. I couldn't fit a picture of both in so you'll have to follow the link to see her lovely denim one with beautiful insides!