I've got lots of exciting bits of news to share with you this month if you haven't already spotted them, plus many of our favourite Indie designers have been dropping hints and sneak peaks of upcoming releases and plans so we've got that to look forward to too!
- The new Hepworth Dress pattern from Sinbad and Sailor is coming at the end of the week. I'm a big fan of the style of Hannah's other patterns so am really excited for the big reveal of this one.
- Caroline from Sew Caroline has been extra busy this month and has released not one but two new patterns! The Tank Dress is a real summer staple and looks like a fantastic blank canvas if you're feeling creative. The lovely Sugar Pop Top was just released on Monday and is a really cute alternative to a tee.
- Jennifer Lauren released her very first pattern - the Afternoon Blouse. It's got her lovely vintage style to it and gets it's name from the fact that it's such a speedy make it can be made in an afternoon!
- I was lucky enough to be a pattern tester again, this time for the new pattern from Sew Over It - the Betty Dress! Inspired by Betty from Mad Men it's a flattering 50's style with circle skirt, fitted bodice and an extremely lovely neckline.
- Colette Patterns have branched out and released two new patterns which are not only knit designs but also incorporate new plus sixes up to a 3X! Both the Mabel Skirt and Moneta Dress look incredibly versatile and wearable with plenty of variations. I've been really enjoying looking at the Curvy Sewing Collective's versions on their blog tour.
- Republique du Chiffon released an entire new collection for us to drool over and dream about. I particularly like the Melinda playsuit/dress combination. What's your favourite?
- The Sewaholic Belcarra Blouse which Tasia released the design for along with their recent Gabriola Maxi Skirt is now available to buy. It'll be the perfect top to tuck into any summer skirt and with no darts promises to be a simple and speedy make.
- After releasing her hugely popular Bombshell Swimsuit pattern last year Heather Lou from Closet Case Files has done it again and given us another completely unique pattern with her Nettie Bodysuit and Dress. It's another one of those patterns that you don't realise you needed til she made it!
- I spotted a sneak peak on Instagram the other day indicating that there's another Blue Ginger Doll pattern coming very soon. I'm already keen to make the Winifred Dress so it looks like I'd better get onto that quick!
- There's a new collection from Papercut Patterns coming soon which I'm incredibly excited about. It's usually tough trying to restrict myself from buying the entire collection so I'm looking forward to seeing what I'll be restraining myself from purchasing this time!
- Heather Lou's sew-along for her new Closet Case Files pattern the Nettie Bodysuit and Dress will be starting in a few weeks and is sure to include some great tips for working with knits and how to get a good fit on that backless version.
- Sew Over It will be running a Betty Dress sew-along on their blog soon. This should be well worth keeping eyes peeled for as the pattern is one of the first Lisa designed for the classes in her sewing cafe so will be incorporating tips and tricks from the class.
- Colette will be running sew-alongs for both their new patterns on their dedicated sew-alongs website. The Mabel Skirt sew-along will be an special express version which sees you whipping up a skirt in a weekend!
- Caroline from Sewaholic will be leading the sew-along for their new Belcarra Blouse which starts on Tuesday 13th May. It will no doubt be packed with handy tips as usual so make sure to keep an eye out if you've snapped this pattern up.
- After releasing her first collection of knicker patterns last month Susan from Measure Twice/Cut Once is running 'Everyone Deserves Pretty Knickers Week' to encourage us all to take the plunge and try out making our first pair. They seem like a fairly quick project so I'm thinking why not give it a go?!
Other Exciting News
- Colette Patterns released their brand new book 'The Colette Guide to Sewing Knits' in association with Alyson Clair alongside their new knit patterns. I haven't taken the plunge to purchase yet but have read through a freebie chapter they sent round and that excerpt alone was packed with fantastic tips.
- Thanks to many of you the wonderful ladies at By Hand London made the target of their kickstarted campaign! They're now well on the road to printing their own and our own fabric designs and have actually just announced the winner of their first fabric design competition. I can't wait to get my hands on some of the beautiful 'Secret Garden' inspired designs.
- Victory Patterns ran an Easter sale! Did any of you pick up any pattern bargains?
- Tilly and the Buttons shared a couple of pictures of her already released PDF patterns being printed, as with the Coco Dress they come with colour photographs of each step rather than illustrations! I think the paper version may be what finally breaks me and sees me buy that cleverly simple Miette Skirt.
- Pauline Alice has also been busy getting her patterns printed up for us to enjoy in paper format. They should be ready sometime at the start of May along with a new pattern! If you liked my version of her Carme Blouse perhaps a paper copy of the pattern could tempt you into making your own...
- Simple Sew have a free pattern, the Brigitte Dress, now available to readers of this issue of the new 'Love Sewing' magazine. It's a lovely classic design and they have just started a sew-along for it too!
And finally here's a few projects made using Indie patterns to inspire you for next month!
- I absolutely love Sally from Sally Bee Makes' decision to change the straps on her BHL Flora Dress into a trio of skinny straps crossing at the back. It's such a beautiful feature which I may have to copy...
- I've been seriously tempted by Grainline Studio's Portisde Travel Bag since it's release and Andrea from Four Square Walls' version has pushed me over the edge! I love the combination of the leather and wool.
- I always find myself attracted to ikat prints when the sun starts to appear and Lauren's Ikat Moss Mini Skirt (also from Grainline) has definitely got me in the mood for summer! The insides look so lovely too, check them out!
- I luurve Roisin's latest hybrid of By Hand London patterns. The Elisalex bodice and Flora skirt made up in such a stunning spring coloured sea urchin print! After Sew Dolly Clackett took the blogosphere by storm this month I just HAD to include Roisin too; wishing you and Nic the absolute best wedding day and a future filled with Cava lovely lady!
- While I'm on the subject Jenny from Sewing Pies made 14 (yes 14!) dresses for the contest. My favourite is the combination of Sewaholic Cambie bodice and BHL Charlotte skirt in a beautiful bird print Roisin herself has previously used.