Friday 28 June 2013

Bye Bye Google Reader

Just a quick post today readers to remind you all that as of Monday Google Reader is no more. So if use it to keep up with your favourite blogs you'll need to switch to a new RSS feed. I've been using Bloglovin' for a few months now so that's my personal preference (a nice clear layout and interesting ways to find new blogs) but there are plenty of other options available including Feedly and the new AOL reader.



I'm enjoying Bloglovin' because it's got a great app which I use on my iPhone so I can keep up to date with all your blogs during my commute! The only problem I have with the app is commenting on blogger blogs so I tried out the Feedly app the other day and had the same problem so I'm thinking it must just be trying to comment on my phone. I had a few problems with finding some blogs on Feedly and AOL reader, even when typing in the full URL so not sure what was going on there...

Anyway, all the RSS readers I have checked out so far (as well as having lovely choices of layout options) are incredibly easy to import your existing Google Reader blog roll int. When you sign up there will be an option to log in with your Google account then one more click imports your feeds. It only takes a matter of minutes!

You can follow me on Bloglovin' here or Feedly here or by using the buttons at the top of my side bar

4 comments:

  1. I had a look at Feedly the other day - in the spirit of being open-minded! Like you, it didn't find my blog. I found I had to tell it exactly where the RSS feed was. For WordPress blogs, this would seem to be the site URL appended with 'feeds'. I'll be sticking with Bloglovin I think!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear someone had the same problems! I like bloglovin's features for browsing unknown and popular blogs too

      Delete
  2. Hi Fiona, just letting you know I nominated you for an award http://sallybeemakes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/i-back-and-i-super-sweet-apparently.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers of my blog so please feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you thought about this post/make! Any hints or tips to improve my sewing are always much appreciated too!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.