Sunday 9 October 2011

Discoveries

So today I discovered a couple of interesting/exciting things that I thought I would share/make a note of to remind myself to do something about!

The first is a fantastic charity project to help little girls all over the world to feel a little bit happier - Dress A Girl Around The World. I often wish I could help charitable organisations in some way other than dishing out money; there are so many it is difficult to know where to direct your spare pennies first and this is a brilliant idea. A quick and easy way to help, making the most of your sewing skills and giving you a bit of fun in the process. What could be more satisfying than making something and for the benefit of others who need it?! It's deffo on my to do list to make my contribution to the project over the next couple of weeks.

Photo from http://sewscrumptious.blogspot.com
The second is the upcoming Leonardo Da Vinci: Painter at the Court of Milan exhibition opening at the National Gallery early in November. A fantastic and rare opportunity to see over half of the master painter's existing paintings in one place, on loan from galleries all over the world. The exhibition will include the two versions of Madonna on the Rocks side by side so you can make up your own mind on the legitimacy of the later London painting and a full size copy of The Last Supper as the feasibility of transporting the real thing is obviously a problem (although it would probably be easier to transport that wall than get the Louvre to let Mona Lisa loose...) It's only on for three months and it's bound to be a sell out so get your tickets quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers of my blog so please feel free to leave a comment letting me know what you thought about this post/make! Any hints or tips to improve my sewing are always much appreciated too!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.